Legal Question in Social Security Law in Indiana

Okay im in a tuff spot, i just moved from california to indiana now 7 years ago my mother was in the process of changing my last name well she got the S.S name *Documents* changed around but had passed away before she could get my Birth certificate changed.Now i got both my Birth Certificate and my SSN but they have different last name,I can now work untill i get them changed,and they say its going to cost me a arm and a leg to change it.Is there anyway i can do this without paying that much? *ex.$200* im 20years old and already in a hole and cant work or do anything and i have no way back to california so if anyone can please help me this would be great i need to pay rent and also support myself and my family thank you

Asked on 8/07/10, 12:21 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Burton Padove Indiana and Illinois Lawyer, Burton A. Padove

You need to post this in the state forum where you were born.

Read more
Answered on 8/20/10, 5:28 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Social Security Law questions and answers in Indiana