Legal Question in Tax Law in Indiana

2006 taxes

what i want to know is the guy who did our taxes last year to us we did not have to file last year because all we had was my husbanad ss now we are in bankruptcy and they want our 2006 taxes can you tell me what we have to do thank you

Asked on 1/04/08, 4:15 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Ronald Cappuccio Ronald J. Cappuccio, J.D., LL.M.(Tax)

Re: 2006 taxes

First, you should ALWAYS FILE a tax return every year. The reason for this is the Statute of Limitations does not start running until the tax return is filed. So your tax adviser was correct in having you file your tax return.

I hope this helps!

Ron Cappuccio

Read more
Answered on 1/04/08, 5:20 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Tax and Taxation Law questions and answers in Indiana