Legal Question in Tax Law in Indiana

Capital Gaines Tax

I've brought a house in Las Vegas NV three years ago and sold it this year. I've made 20.000 on the sale. Would I be required to pay capital gains tax on this 20.000.

Asked on 5/26/04, 11:42 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

John Cook Dunn & Cook

Re: Capital Gaines Tax

If you used the house as your main personal residence for the two years prior to selling the house then all of the gain is tax free.

Read more
Answered on 5/27/04, 4:12 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Tax and Taxation Law questions and answers in Indiana