Legal Question in Tax Law in Indiana


man & wife divorced. House to go to husband. mortage now paid. states in divorce decree that house is sole owned by husband. to get property put in husbands name only. doese quick claim deed have to be signed by ex-wife. in order to record. or will the divorce decree serve as proof that it is the husbands

Asked on 4/21/07, 4:18 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

C. David DuMond Law Offices of David DuMond

Re: Property

To obtain clear title to the property, which is needed if you want to sell, donate or finance the property, you need to record a deed or quitclaim deed from the ex-wife. If she will not cooperate, then you will need to ask the divorce court to appoint a commissioner to sign on her behalf. Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 4/21/07, 9:49 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Tax and Taxation Law questions and answers in Indiana