Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Indiana

Attorney no longer interested and not responding

What can I do to insist to an attorney to finish the final process of closing my mothers estate? The estate is unsupervised, and I have done most of the paperwork, he has filed documents with the court since I live in Ohio. He is co admin. He will not return my repeated phone calls, or emails. (this has been a problem from the beginning, but I did not want to lose the retainer I already paid him, and there was not the urgency there is now) All assets have been sold, all bills have been paid, taxes have been filed. It is just a matter of filing a no tax order(?), quietus and final distribution of the remaining funds to my siblings. This is dragging on way too long. (she died in May 2008) My siblings and I need the money. (estate is worth less than 100,000) I do not want to hire another attorney. What else can I do?

Asked on 3/13/09, 1:28 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Samuel Hasler Samuel Hasler

Re: Attorney no longer interested and not responding

My best recommendation is to remind the attorney that he needs to get this done or you will contact the court and the disciplinary commission.

Read more
Answered on 3/13/09, 6:57 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Indiana