Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Indiana

My brother has a smal IRA account... Did to medical issues for last 5 months he needs 3to 4months nursing home care... They are going to apply for Medicaid for him.... Do I have to turn all that over to a funeral home for it planned funeral? Or can I do the preload and put rest in bank in my name for things he will need .. Or is Medicaid entitled to the amount left over... Thanks

Asked on 7/02/18, 9:03 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Kenneth Wilk Rubino Ruman Crosmer & Polen

You can put the money towards a pre-paid funeral and nothing else. You cannot put the money in your name.

Read more
Answered on 7/02/18, 5:20 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Indiana