Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Indiana

deceased person-letter of administration

my wife recently deceased and I have to prepare the letter of administration to be the executor of her estate..can anyone please advise what is the procedure and where should I state from..

I am also looking for hiring an attorney for this in and around indianapolis

sincerely appreciate any response...

Asked on 3/28/09, 1:32 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

C. David DuMond Law Offices of David DuMond

Re: deceased person-letter of administration

I am sorry for the death of your wife. Schedule a conference with an attorney experienced in probate court cases of your county. Frequently, in the case of a deceased spouse, a probate case does not need to be opened. All the assets can be transferred by other, less cumbersome procedures. Call your county bar association for a referral. Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 3/28/09, 3:14 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Indiana