Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Indiana

My father in law passed away. He left his son all personal property and his dog. His wife (who has not filed with probate) has decided she does not like the will and thinks she can change it. She has claimed part of the belongings have been stolen and is now in the process of trying to sell a truck left to the son. How can we stop the sell of property and enforce the will as the father wanted?

Asked on 6/27/13, 6:48 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jay Rigdon Rockhill Pinnick LLP

See a lawyer with a copy of the will. An estate has to be opened to gain control over all of the property. She may have rights to certain property regardless of what the will says. Even if you do not have a copy of the will, go talk to an attorney in your community, as that is your only recourse.

Read more
Answered on 6/27/13, 6:54 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Indiana