Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Indiana

My friend (senior citizen) has be living with a gentleman for the past four years and he has just died. He owned the home and paid the regular house bills, but my friend helped in other ways financially and paid all of her personal expenses. Her partner was diagnosed with a terminal illness and she has cared for him for the past eighteen months. His son, who is the heir to his estate, has told her that she has to move out of the home within two weeks...or buy the house for a set price. Is there any law in place that would allow her to stay a short time longer so that she can find and purchase another home?

Asked on 1/15/10, 12:47 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Mary J. Hoeller, R.N., J.D. Attorney At Law

No there is not. I have seen this before. Your friend should consult with and hire an attorney to help her through this.

Read more
Answered on 1/20/10, 12:57 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Indiana