Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Indiana

I inherited a home. If my husbands name is put on it will his adult children entitled to any part if it if he proceeds me in death?

Asked on 4/17/17, 2:37 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Voyle A. Glover Attorney at Law

Technically, no. However, realize that if he does not have a Will in place, when he dies, his children could inherit some of his estate, including a part of his interest in the realty. Definitely need to put the deed into your names as husband and wife, as "entirety" property. You might want to read What if There is No Last Will & Testament?!

Read more
Answered on 4/17/17, 3:56 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Indiana