Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Indiana

irreversablwe trusts

My uncle had an attornet draw up an irrevearsable trust for her property, she thought she was signing her will now she can not get a loan on her house and my uncle has passed and was the trustee is there any way to get this out of trust.

Asked on 12/24/08, 8:17 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

C. David DuMond Law Offices of David DuMond

Re: irreversablwe trusts

Your question leaves a few things for the imagination. I assume your concern is for the surviving spouse of your uncle. By placing the property into an irrevocable trust, your uncle may have been trying to protect his wife from her own spendthrift ways or the bad influence of friends and relatives. There are some cases where an irrevocable trust can be terminated, but these are few and far betweeen, and you must take a copy of the trust and all other pertinent data to a local attorney experienced in probate and trust matters for further review. Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 12/24/08, 8:26 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Indiana