Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Indiana

My mother died recently. She left no will. What do I need to do to apply for excutorship? There is real property involved but no other assets.

Asked on 10/22/09, 12:09 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Mary J. Hoeller, R.N., J.D. Attorney At Law

You should consult with an attorney. There are several ways to handle this. Mary 317-633-4002.

Read more
Answered on 10/22/09, 12:40 pm
C. David DuMond Law Offices of David DuMond

I am sorry for the loss of your mother. You may need to open an estate in the county where your mother lived. If your mother died in Indiana, and if her property is located in Indiana, and if the property is titled in her name, and if her heirs will cooperate with one another, then you can probably qualify for an unsupervised administration of her estate. Depending on the value of the property, you may even qualify to clear title to the property without a formal probate case. As usual, the law is fact sensitive, so it would be a good idea to gather your information and documents and confer with an attorney. If you google words like "Indiana small probate" you will get some ideas about simplified procedures. Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 10/22/09, 5:39 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Indiana