Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Indiana

poa land transfer

If a POA signs a land deed, that belongs to the person she is poa for, over to her mother and does not file it with the clerk at the courthouse is it legally the mothers? (The person she is POA for is in a coma and dies 24 hours later.

Asked on 11/13/08, 2:30 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

C. David DuMond Law Offices of David DuMond

Re: poa land transfer

When the attorney in fact makes a transfer like the one described -- to her mother, while her principal is in a coma then dies the next day -- then that transaction can probably be rescinded. To do so, you need to ask the probate judge to set aside the deed. Confer with a local attorney experienced in property and probate law. Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 11/13/08, 10:21 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Indiana