Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Indiana

union payouts

my father died and he had a pension through his union and when he died the money was denied to his children. Is there any way that the pension could be given to the children.

Asked on 4/16/09, 10:07 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

C. David DuMond Law Offices of David DuMond

Re: union payouts

I am sorry for the loss of your father. Most pension benefits are payable to the pensioner (and often to the pensioner's spouse) but not to children. The United States government's Social Security administration will pay death benefits for the benefit of the minor children of a decedent. So the union pension benefit is probably not available for the children, especially not the adult children, of a pensioner. Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 4/18/09, 7:54 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Indiana