Legal Question in Workers Comp in Indiana

I injured my lumbar back at work 1-2-12. I was on workman's comp and subsequently had a microdiskectomy on 5-15-12. I returned to work 3 months after the surgery. I began having the same pain again and have been on workman's comp since 2-4-13. I have had steroid, and facet joint injections that have not worked. I just had a discogram that shows it is degenerative and not amenable to a spinal fusion. The workman's comp physician states it is degenerative due to work. I deliver bread for a living and do a lot of bending and lifting. I will be going back to the doctor to assess what is next. I am worried that I will be sent back to work since there is no other course of action, I am told that I have to live with the pain. My question is what is my recourse? Do I have to return to work, should I see an attorney? Thank you, Brian

Asked on 7/14/13, 11:50 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Charles Candiano Candiano Law Office

You do have options. Indiana controls your medical doctors bur it seems that all of your doctors agree that your "present condition of ill-being" (as we call it) was caused or contributed to by tour work. In Indiana, you do NOT need an attorney unless your claim is disputed or the employer refuses to authorize a procedure. You are welcome to contact me without cost or obligation if you have further questions. You need to speak with an attorney but you don't really need to hire one unless it is at a much-reduced rate.

Read more
Answered on 7/15/13, 3:26 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Workers' Compensation Law questions and answers in Indiana