Legal Question in Criminal Law in Iowa

If I have a no contact order on my husband. But I gave a statement to the cops about a different possible assault case against him. I got subpoenaed to testify against him. Do I have to testify against him?

Asked on 6/03/19, 7:00 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Robert Luedeman solo practitioner

No, but you could be held in contempt of court for failing to testify. In any event it's a valuable lesson in civics.

Read more
Answered on 6/03/19, 8:26 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Iowa