Legal Question in Criminal Law in Iowa

My mom wants to file charges against me for overcharging on her credit card by 300 when she herself have me permission to use it and I told her I would pay her back in full and will readily do so with a money order. I did forge her name a few times and I have the receipts and the stuff I bought with the card. I have never been in trouble with the law and she never told the creditors that she has the card that it was stolen when it is in her possession now. Nor did she tell them that it was me even though I take full responsibilities what are the consequences or an I even able to be charged when she never filed a police report or told then it was her own daughter?

Asked on 8/06/13, 6:56 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Robert Luedeman solo practitioner

If Mom files a police report you may get charged. Being a daughter is no protection against being charged for something. If your rendition of the facts is accurate you have a good defense if you can prove that she permitted you the use of the card, But you did forge her signature which is bad. Best bet? Get some money and pay her off.

Read more
Answered on 8/06/13, 8:20 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Iowa