Legal Question in Criminal Law in Iowa

I was pulled over for speeding and was arrested for a DUI. They found medication that I did not have a RX for. I had just left the nursing home that I worked at and I was charged with dependent adult abuse as they assumed I took the medication from a patient. What I took was the meds in the lab that we were supposed to dispose of. (expired meds) , but I couldn't afford an attorney at the time and was in a bad place. I was suicidal and distraught over the DUI, as it was my 2nd in a 6 mth period. I went to a treatment center for 3 weeks to get help with my addiction. This was 12 years ago. I have never had a "background check" on me until I recently applied for AIRNB to rent a house for a vacation. They denied my application because the criminal records stating the Adult Abuse is listed under sexual exploitation, so it is miss categorized. What can I do to get this changed? Can I get this record expunged.?

Asked on 1/12/19, 10:04 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Robert Luedeman solo practitioner

Unfortunately there is no provision for expungment of a criminal conviction such as you have noted.

Read more
Answered on 1/12/19, 11:06 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Iowa