Legal Question in Criminal Law in Iowa

My son was murdered in 2012 by his girlfriend and her family helped cover it up. The police refuse to even talk to her. She gave me custody of their girls the same day he was murdered. In Nov. 2012 the sister in law has a friend that works for CPI and he took the girls and gave them to her. They have moved out of state with my granddaughters. I have been trying for years to get justices and no one will even listen. What can I do? Please I need help.

Asked on 4/16/18, 1:36 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Robert Luedeman solo practitioner

It sounds like a lot more than a legal question. What do you have in the way of a court order granting you custody? It's not the same as somebody saying "Here you are." Unless you have a court order you never had legal custody.

Read more
Answered on 4/16/18, 9:51 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Iowa