Legal Question in Criminal Law in Iowa

Virginia capias for initial minor offense

My son did not appear in court following an underage possession of alcohol citation and received a capias. Now he is in another state and would like to clear this up. Is it possible to transfer the charge to a court in the second state so he can continue to care for my elderly parents?

Asked on 2/21/07, 11:43 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Robert Luedeman solo practitioner

Re: Virginia capias for initial minor offense

Perhaps he can make an arrangement with the court to enter a written plea from another state. In any event he needs to contact the county attorney where the warrant originated.

Read more
Answered on 2/21/07, 12:22 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Iowa