Legal Question in Entertainment Law in Iowa

Can you file a lawsuit against a coach who shows favortism or basically tries to wreck your childs self esteem, because of having a step daughter on the team that my daughter doesn't get along with. He has done and said many negative things to my daughter to get her to quit or humiliate her. Is there anything we can do?

Asked on 9/04/11, 11:11 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Robert Luedeman solo practitioner

Hire an attorney and pay the freight if you want to.

Read more
Answered on 9/06/11, 5:45 am

Thomas Moens Moens Law Offices, Chartered

Can you? You can sue anyone for anything. Will you be successful is the real question. Unless the coach is discriminating based on a protected status (race, religion, etc.), I doubt you will be successful. Being a jerk is not illegal. However, if this is a school team, you might try contacting the coach's principal or superintendent. If not, you might try discussing the situation with other parents or the sponsoring organization.

Of course, there may be much more to your case than is contained in your question, and you should contact an attorney directly to determine if you have a valid cause of action.

Read more
Answered on 9/06/11, 6:26 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Entertainment & Sport Law questions and answers in Iowa