Legal Question in Family Law in Iowa

I have three children living with me. Mother left a week ago. Do I have to file for a divorce to retain custody of my children .

Asked on 9/30/13, 7:01 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Robert Luedeman solo practitioner

No you don't but if you want your custody to be recognized by the courts you ought to file for dissolution and obtain an order on temporary matters at least.

Read more
Answered on 9/30/13, 1:43 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Iowa