Legal Question in Family Law in Iowa

how do I go about getting a divorce when I don't know where they are?

Asked on 7/24/18, 7:11 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Robert Luedeman solo practitioner

The dissolution can go through if the respondent cannot be found or does not appear. I would recommend you employ the services of a licensed private investigator to determine the respondent's location because if you do not do your due diligence here the entire thing could blow up in your face. I have seen the online ads for affidavits of diligent search and I am not convinced they would stand up. The services of a licensed PI will.

Read more
Answered on 7/25/18, 8:17 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Iowa