Legal Question in Family Law in Iowa

My husband passed away, we were never married but him and I fell under common law. How do you amend his death certificate to prove common law?

Asked on 1/04/19, 2:45 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Robert Luedeman solo practitioner

This reference will probably help but I think it is going to be difficult to impossible to prove up a common law marriage when one partner is deceased. Particularly where there is money or property or survivors benefits involved.

Read more
Answered on 1/04/19, 11:16 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Iowa