Legal Question in Family Law in Iowa

Can I petition the courts for visitation without filing for physical custody? I would just like the chance to spend time with my daughter and I don't have the resources to get into an all out custody battle, obviously I will be filing pro se. would this petition simply be titled petition for visitation of minor child? then of course following all the rules of court for filing any motion/petition.

Asked on 9/01/13, 7:37 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Robert Luedeman solo practitioner

Why was that not part of the original custody and support order?

Read more
Answered on 9/01/13, 10:08 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Iowa