Legal Question in Family Law in Iowa

-- question--

I record every phone conversation that's is court ordered between my husband and his children, it states he is allowed 15 minutes per child and that the mother is not allowed to be in the conversation--

Every phone conversation the mother has the phone on speaker while she holds the phone the whole time she bad mouthed the father and curses and screams the whole time' tells the kids to call him names ect.

Last night's conversation we finally got her or record trying to force the children to not talk to their father - she was laughing at the children for miss spelling a word and trying to say her son is gay while he was trying to say he isn't and then we also got her yelling at her son telling him to ask his father why he didnt buy him things-- both children are clearly upset, trying to defend themselfs and their father- its heart breaking--

What is the best way to go about presenting this-

This year alone she has withheld 1 physical visitation and 4 phone visitations-

She changed her number so he can not reach them

She falsely went to the police and said he was harassing her

We have talked to many many lawyers and everyone of them just tells us to document and send her hand written letters stating all if her contempts- honestly that's thousands of dollars In postage :(

What can we do more?

Mother will not even take the children to a therapist- weve even set appointments a d offered to pay them- she just calls and canceled them or doesnt even show up-

Dhs has been involved and always does nothing-

The children have been beaten at the park

Left in dirty underwear

Been without heat or hot water

Left in a car with no heat

Taken to their friends house to fight each other and tase each other with a full force taser

Among a million other abusive things-

What do we do?

Asked on 2/14/19, 1:05 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Robert Luedeman solo practitioner

It sounds like you've done everything you can legally do but your problem is proof. Unless you've got unlimited money to fund litigation to get the custody and support order modified at the going rate with no guarantee of success at the end of it, you're between a rock and a hard place.

Read more
Answered on 2/15/19, 7:33 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Iowa