Legal Question in Family Law in Iowa

My ex received full custody of our son due to circumstances of mine that were not conducive to having him at the time. In the court order I am allowed visits but he has blocked my phone number I am unable to request visits I am unable to even talk to him on the phone. How can he be compelled to communicate with me and set up visits.? How can I set up a visitation schedule that has to be adhered to? My visits are currently supervised. How can I get them unsupervised?

Asked on 6/05/19, 10:31 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Robert Luedeman solo practitioner

You're asking two different questions. I'm going to assume from what you've told me that DHS is involved. Have you tried requesting visits through your social worker? I assume there is DHS involvement. Have you tried a different telephone? Getting unsupervised visitation is at the discretion of DHS. Your court appointed attorney can advise you further on this.

Read more
Answered on 6/05/19, 1:13 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Iowa