Legal Question in Family Law in Iowa

how can I get a reduction in child support and visitation rights all in the same hearing

Asked on 4/17/16, 2:07 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Robert Luedeman solo practitioner

I don't know whether you can do that in the same proceeding. You can have your attorney work on it.

Read more
Answered on 4/17/16, 3:05 pm
Lana Luhring Laird & Luhring

After 20 + years of family law I can tell you I don't have enough information to answer your question. 1) If this is a Child Support Recovery Unit action ... usually captioned State of Iowa Ex Rel v ______ this action is for the recovery of support ONLY.

2) If this is a private action usually captioned with a DRCV case number and the names of the parties. These are generally a custody action and would have visitation provisions included.

There are lots of things that you would need to do ... sign up for efiling ... file an appearance and answer ... request in the answer that visitation be established or modified. Your best bet is to hire or at least get advice ... from a competent family law practitioner in your area.

Lana L. Luhring

Laird & Luhring

Read more
Answered on 4/19/16, 7:30 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Iowa