Legal Question in Family Law in Iowa

I have a son that is going to be 17 in March 2012. He is still in High school and is working part time. He lives in Iowa with his father. The divorce papers say he is suppose to be with with,me, but he wanted to move back with his dad when he was 11. He wants to move into a older friends house and pay them rent. He said this is what he really wants to do he said he can't stand being around his father he drinks too much and is a real jerk. My son is serious about this he said he could pay them rent, so I know he is serious. What do I need to do to make it happen. I live in Texas now, so my son wants to stay in Iowa, because of school, work, and his girlfriend. is there anything I can do? Thanks Pamela

Asked on 1/10/12, 11:08 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Robert Luedeman solo practitioner

Legally speaking, not much unless you can afford to litigate at long range. Remember, you're the one who agreed to this arrangement. I don't see that you have much voice in the matter.

Read more
Answered on 1/10/12, 12:45 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Iowa