Legal Question in Family Law in Iowa

My x-husband is behind around 20k in child support. Most of it being from a few years ago. He pays currently, missing a couple months here and there. I have contacted the child support recovery service multiple times and they say "if he is making an effort to pay he isn't in contempt". He is self employed and hides all his money, making it very difficult to prove things. I'm tired of him just getting away with what he wants to pay all the time, but is it a loss cause, is there anything I can do? He has also never paid a dime from the divorce, (settlement fee, alimony, etc...)

Asked on 6/26/13, 5:59 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Robert Luedeman solo practitioner

Well, you've got your answer. If you want to pay for it you can hire your own lawyer to litigate it but I can tell you from experience even throwing people in jail who do not want to pay rarely produces any results.

Read more
Answered on 6/26/13, 8:27 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Iowa