Legal Question in Personal Injury in Iowa

I got into a small fender bender with another car, 100% my fault. The scratches are very very minor, the first estimate was $1,700 and the second one was $3,000 (only two estimates are being used) he is taking me to small claims court in order to sue me for damages. I do not have insurance, how do I properly discredit the false estimates used against me? They have things on there that I couldn't have damaged like the roof, front tiers, oil changes, ect. Does the expert witness who made the estimate need to be there to satisfy the burden of proof and can I request to have my own estimate done? I also have images of the car after the small bump. I am not asking for advice but general infomation on what makes an estimate solid when it has many things that aren't relevant to the damages I did.

Asked on 9/13/19, 12:54 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Dear Client,

Please pay for the question and I would be more than happy to help you. If you are having problems accessing the payment link, please contact me so I can activate the payment link on

Kindest regards,

Dr. Donna Kay Cindy Kakonge, BJ, MA, TESOL, LLB, EdD

Read more
Answered on 9/13/19, 1:03 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Iowa