Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Iowa

My fiance past away and his house is about to go up for tax sale. Is there anyway I can get this property without going through the tax sale lottery. I have been set as "person in charge of possessions" by the IRS but there is no estate or trustee named.

Asked on 5/07/13, 9:36 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Robert Luedeman solo practitioner

Well, unless you have an ownership interest in the property that entitles you to get current on the taxes, or you've been appointed executor or administrator you'll have to bid like everyone else at the auction.

Read more
Answered on 5/07/13, 7:53 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Iowa