Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Iowa

So I am purchasing a older home. I had a home inspection done. The inspector noted there is vermiculite insulation in the attic that could or could not contain asbestos. I negotiated with the sellers to have it removed but with a less than helpful agent the wording wasnt done right. So I'm told the sellers might remove it themselves or by a nom asbestos company. So i plan on having the air tested for asbestos before moving in. So my question is, is there anything legally i can do with their negligence of spreading asbestos throughout the house if this happens?

Asked on 6/03/17, 1:24 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Thomas Moens Moens Law Offices, Chartered

This is why real estate agents should never write contract terms. I would suggest that you hire a real estate attorney and contact the Iowa Department of Natural Resources and your local code enforcement department. Your attorney also might recommend that you contact the agent's broker and the Iowa Professional Licensing Bureau.

Read more
Answered on 6/03/17, 2:35 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Iowa