Legal Question in Tax Law in Iowa

I am 100 % disable veteran and like to put my name on the deed to the house that l live in.The house is in the name of the lady that l have been living with for the last 12 years. Would like to know how to do this

Asked on 9/02/12, 2:29 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Thomas Moens Moens Law Offices, Chartered

I would suggest discussing this with a real estate attorney. There are numerous ways to own the property, and picking the wrong one could be a big problem later. You might also consider some sort of partnership agreement. I would also recommend at least a title search to ensure that no judgments or other liens would attach due to this conveyance.

Read more
Answered on 9/04/12, 2:43 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Tax and Taxation Law questions and answers in Iowa