Legal Question in Traffic Law in Iowa

Recently got in a car accident, my story to the officer and insurance agency is that; "I came to a complete stop at a stop sign for 4 seconds, looked both ways and from my point of view I thought I had enough time to drive through the street (I was going straight). Unfortunately, I did not have enough time and the person was speeding and hit me."

I understand since I had the stop sign, the other car had the right away. But the officer still gave me a ticket for not yielding to a stop sign. He said, in this case he had to give me some sort of ticket. My question is if I go to court and explain my side. Especially how there were cars parked along the side of the road and it was hard to see. Would I be able to lower the price of my fine? ($190 ticket)

Asked on 11/06/17, 10:05 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Robert Luedeman solo practitioner

The way I see it you've got nothing to lose here.

Read more
Answered on 11/06/17, 10:24 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Traffic Law questions and answers in Iowa