Legal Question in Traffic Law in Iowa

A few years ago, I took the blame for a car accident. I was not the driver. The guy who was the driver did not have a drivers license. He did a hit and run. He made me take the blame because he didn't want to go to jail. He was a guy who abused me. He threatened me, my life. I just want him to have the tickets and insurance bill. I have made payments but can't afford to keep making them. I am really scared. There is a no contact order for 5 years. There is 4 years left on that. Is there anything I can do to get all this reverse and have this guy be responsible for what he did.

Asked on 10/16/15, 11:31 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Robert Luedeman solo practitioner

The problem with all this is that you likely can't prove any of it and it all happened several years ago. Unfortunately I don't see anything here to make a case out of. Have you thought about filing for bankruptcy?

Read more
Answered on 10/16/15, 1:05 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Traffic Law questions and answers in Iowa