Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Iowa

My siblings convinced my father to change his will and set up a trust. They farmed his land for the last 7 years and bank documents show that he did not get paid rent for one year and other years he was paid half of the current market rates. They have a lease that was signed two years ago and now claim that they have a right to continue farming the land at the low rental rate.

My father was diagnosed with Alzheimer's and vascular dementia in 2005, before all this occurred. There is a no contest clause in the trust.

Do I have any legal options to have the trust thrown out and/or pursue dependent adult abuse charges?

Asked on 9/21/13, 8:08 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Robert Luedeman solo practitioner

You need to contact an attorney who practices in the field of trusts to determine whether you have any basis for upsetting the arrangements that were made.

Read more
Answered on 9/22/13, 9:08 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Iowa