Legal Question in Personal Injury in Italy

Traffic accident injury

My wife was hit by a motor scooter while crossing the street within the cross walk in Rome in July. She received cuts, abrasions and bruises and is still sore. Our month of vacation was severly limited by this incident. A police car was following the person who hit my wife and confirmed that the scooter driver was 100% at fault. Do we have any recourse against the scooter driver for future medical and/or pain and suffering (basically the lost of a quality vacation due to concerns over my wifes well being)?


Asked on 8/07/01, 10:10 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Ken Koury Kenneth P. Koury, Esq.

Re: Traffic accident injury

You will have to ask a lawyer in Italy.

Read more
Answered on 8/08/01, 11:53 pm

Re: Traffic accident injury

Did you have traveler's insurance. I have seen policies that cover injuries while on vacation. Either the travel agent or airline would have offered it and you purchased it. If not,

an Italian attorney could help you the best.

Based on the expense, time and effort involved in going back to prove the case, it may not be economically feasible. Be glad it wasn't worse.

Read more
Answered on 8/09/01, 4:05 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Italy