Legal Question in Business Law in Kansas

Not compensated for working

This question is regarding what can be done about a person who has a LLC Company registered in Delaware , who lives in Tennessee. We live in Kansas and entered into a verbal contract with him about working for him parttime, and after working for about 2 months, he comes to us and says we are no longer needed , and he does not compensate us for our 2 months work, however he continues to run the business. we have emails sent back and forth about the work we were doing for the 2 months. Is there a case here and if yes how do we proceed ?

Asked on 9/09/03, 4:56 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Tim Elliott Elliott Law Firm, L.C., Attorneys At Law

Re: Not compensated for working

Kansas Wage Payment Act may be available to provide penalties and attorney fees. You can proceed through the Kansas Department of Human Resources or with an attorney in KDHR and/or district court. It may be more difficult to collect a judgment against an out-of-state business, but there are judicial collection remedies such as registering a foreign judgment under the full faith and credit provision of the U.S. Constitution. Please feel free to call if you would like to further discuss your options in this regard.

Read more
Answered on 9/09/03, 5:32 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Business Law questions and answers in Kansas