Legal Question in Business Law in Kansas

I live in Kansas and made an internet transaction with a financial investor who made a money back guarantee, but who did not/will not honor that guarantee. I have found that he lives in the state of New York. Can I file a small claims case against him here in Kansas, since his internet business is not limited to any state, it is available to anyone with internet access? Or do I have to file in the state in which he lives?

Asked on 7/05/16, 8:24 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Anthony Smith LawSmith

Based upon the few facts you described, it sounds like you can sue them in Kansas. Obviously, youll need to get the Defendant(s) served. They may have grounds to have the Kansas case dismissed for kack of jurisdiction, or for other reasons. You might need to consult directly with a civil practice attorney in yiur area, ti get advice as to yiur ootions. Allow that lswyer to see the relevant information and ask you questions.

Good luck

Read more
Answered on 7/05/16, 12:02 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Business Law questions and answers in Kansas