Legal Question in Business Law in Kansas

I sent in a tablet to have replaced under a valid warranty. The company closed shop and liquidated its assets. They didn't inform me of this until AFTER I sent in the unit. They are now telling me they will not send me my unit nor am I entitled to a refund. Is this legal? The company decided to liquidate on 7/12/12 but called them and sent in the unit 10/2012.

Asked on 1/23/13, 3:14 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Anthony Smith LawSmith

I suggest that you first report this to the attorney general of Kansas and the state where the company is. Then you may be able to sue the company in Kansas, under the Consumer laws or just plain fraud.

Good luck

Read more
Answered on 1/23/13, 9:19 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Business Law questions and answers in Kansas