Legal Question in Construction Law in Kansas

Bond claim information

Our company is based out of Indiana. We recently did a coal mine reclamation project in Kansas for a General Contractor based out of Missouri. His bonding company is out of Oklahoma. We are wanting to file a claim on his bond due to lack of payment. In what state and how do we file a bond claim?

Asked on 3/05/04, 11:32 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

C. David DuMond Law Offices of David DuMond

Re: Bond claim information

In general venue would be appropriate in the county where your principal place of business is located. However, most construction and bonding contracts have clauses which govern venue. So, read the agreements. And read the bond, since the claim procedures may be spelled out there. Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 3/05/04, 12:26 pm
Mark Voigtmann Baker & Daniels

Re: Bond claim information

Several factors will affect the answer to this. However, it is probable that the most important facts will include: (a) the state where the project is located; (b) whether the project is public or private; and (c) the terms of the bond itself. My best recommendation is for you to call me to briefly discuss some of these things. My number is 317-237-1265.

Read more
Answered on 3/05/04, 4:18 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Construction Law questions and answers in Kansas