Legal Question in Criminal Law in Kansas

lude and lisevious behavior

My nephew was 16 and with his girlfriend of 15 found ''parking''. She had her pants off (underwear on) and he had his shirt off. The parents of the girl (father is a cop) had no objections (they really liked him) but he was charged with assault and lude and lesivious behavior. Is that normal in most states with a boy being under 18? Also, now he turned 19 he is dating a 17yr old who just turned 18. Can her parent get him for having sex with her before she turned 18?

Asked on 10/30/04, 11:26 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Glenn M. Lyon, Esq. MacGREGOR LYON, LLC, Business Attorneys

Re: lude and lisevious behavior

Whether it is normal or not, almost any person can commit a crime. His minor status doesn't technically change anything or protect him in this situation. In theory, yes, he might get into trouble for his relations with a minor, but there would have to be proof. I.e. I doubt that a parent's word that they were having sex would prompt an arrest.

If you would like to discuss any issues further, please feel free to contact my office. My contact information is below. Thank you.

The foregoing is general information only, not specific legal advice. No attorney/client relation has been created or should be implied.

Glenn M. Lyon, Esq

MacGregor Lyon, LLC

Promenade II

1230 Peachtree Street NE

Suite 1900

Atlanta Georgia 30309

Phone 404.942.3545

Fax 404.795.0993

[email protected]

Confidentiality Notice

This message is being sent by or on behalf of a lawyer. It is intended exclusively for the individual or entity to which it is addressed. This communication may contain information that is proprietary, privileged or confidential or otherwise legally exempt from disclosure. If you are not the named addressee, you are not authorized to read, print, retain, copy or disseminate this message or any part of it. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail and delete all copies of the message.

Read more
Answered on 11/01/04, 7:35 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Kansas