Legal Question in DUI Law in Kansas

dui and prescription medication

can you be charged with dui if you have a non-injury accident on pain medication prescribed by your doctor. If so, what is the penalty for a first dui?

Asked on 9/06/02, 12:29 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Anthony Smith LawSmith

Re: dui and prescription medication

Yes you can get a dui conviction IF you were under the influence. You have not provided enough information to determine whether you are likely of being convicted, should you not hire an attorney. If you hire an attorney, and this is your first dui arrest, the attorney should be able to work out a plea agreement, depending upon which County you are in, that is much less than the sentence you would serve with a conviction.

Good Luck,

Tony Smith

Read more
Answered on 9/06/02, 7:57 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Drunk Driving & DUI Law questions and answers in Kansas