Legal Question in Family Law in Kansas

Car Titled In My Name And He Wants It Back


He gave me his car during our short marriage and now that we're split up and getting a divorce, he wants it back.

Honestly, I don't want to keep the car, but I need it until I can get another one.

It is titled in my name.

Does he have any legal right to the car?

His attorney threatened me and said she would get the car back. How does she intend to do this?


Asked on 10/02/04, 7:51 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Su Linda Jamison Jamison and Associates, LLC.

Re: Car Titled In My Name And He Wants It Back

If he has an attorney, this is an issue that will be resolved in the Court, most likely. I would suggest you hire an attorney. There are many issues that are involved since a divorce is pending. Property issues will be resolved as part of the divorce.

Read more
Answered on 10/04/04, 11:01 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Kansas