Legal Question in Family Law in Kansas

chlid custody

my wife is adopted. her adopted mother is trying to stop me from seeing my biological children. the question i have is do i have more power over her since i am their biological father and she is only their adoptive grandmother. i am going to court at the end of this month to try to get custody of my children because of the verbal abuse of my ''adoptive'' mother-in-law. does ''biological'' take reign over ''adoptive''

Asked on 6/13/07, 3:33 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Rian Ankerholz Ankerholz and Smith

Re: chlid custody

If all other things are equal, a father (biological or otherwise) has more of a voice concerning the child than the grandparent, (adoptive or otherwise). We have no other information about your past relationship with the child. There are so many other factors involved that you should consult an experienced family law attorney for a complete evaluation of your situation.

Read more
Answered on 6/14/07, 10:33 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Kansas