Legal Question in Family Law in Kansas

My daughter is divorced and at the time did not have money for a lawyer so the ex got custody of the children. Now my daughter has gotten a house rented with 3 bedrooms ( 2 children, boy and girl). She went to see a lawyer that we are paying for (which is fine). She gives him $400 a month plus she has the children equal amt. of time. The ex wants to raise that to $900 a month. The lwyer said maybe she could reduce it to $600. I want to know if there is a chance that she could get the children back in her cuttody?

Asked on 3/14/13, 3:00 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Rian Ankerholz Ankerholz and Smith

Because your question indicates you have a lawyer, you should discuss regaining child custody with that lawyer. It appears that your living situation has improved, but the judge will take all factors into consideration when determining the best interests of the children. There are too many factors involved for any lawyer to be able to give you an informed opinion over the internet as to whether you may be able to regain custody.

Read more
Answered on 3/15/13, 7:21 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Kansas