Legal Question in Family Law in Kansas

I live in Kansas, and I am leaving my husband and going to my Mother's in Missouri. We have a child who is a minor, I have messages from him telling me to leave. What laws protect me?

Asked on 6/18/13, 12:16 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Anthony Smith LawSmith

Your question is far too broad to get an adequate answer, based upon the facts you described. You should consult directly with a family law attorney in your area. Many offer a free or low cost initial consultation. If you are fearful for your safety, Go and clear up the legal matters after. Unless one of you has filed for divorce, either of you can take your child across the state line to visit Grandma, or bring the child back to Kansas. Therefore, you may want to meet with an attorney soon. If he has the child with him and then files for divorce, he gets temporary custody if he wants. If you want custody, and/or support, you need to take the legal steps accordingly.

Good luck

Read more
Answered on 6/20/13, 3:53 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Kansas