Legal Question in Family Law in Kansas

marital funds

My husband served me with divorce papers on 02-17-07. Our divorce is still pending & won't be final unitl some time in July. Why is he allwoed to use ''marital funds'' to pay his legal fees but I am not allowed that same priveledge? Once the papers were served in Feb, did the marital funds suddenly become 100% his? Meaning I cannot use them to pay my atty?

Asked on 5/21/07, 7:10 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Rian Ankerholz Ankerholz and Smith

Re: marital funds

If you do not have sufficient funds to properly represent yourself, you should petition the divorce court for access to such funds. Contact an experienced family law attorney.

Read more
Answered on 5/22/07, 10:08 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Kansas