Legal Question in Family Law in Kansas

If no paternity has been established and according to ks law I have sole custody until his dad gets his paternal rights established why wont the sheriff help me go get him when his dad refuses to return him from a visit

Asked on 4/05/21, 5:19 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Lisa Williams-McCallum Williams Family Law Practice

The Seriff won't help you in this domestic matter because there are no court orders in place. You will need to initiate a paternity action and get a court order.

Read more
Answered on 4/05/21, 9:40 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Kansas